i know most of you would much rather be graduating from hogwarts with a much different degree and i know most of you have heard me say these things before but here it is: a list of the best things about being done with school.
1. you get to read for pleasure again! novels! poetry! feminist studies! harry potter! comic books! whatever interests you.
2. your time is your own....when you come home from work, you can relax. you don't have the evil cloud of HOMEWORK hanging over your head.
3. you now have an alma mater.
4. the month of may was created for grads to party.
5. early rising might happen for work but not for class! and especially not for chapel (apu grads)
6. when your younger-still-in-school-friends are doing homework you can think in your head "neener neener neeeeennnnnerrrr!" (but don't say this out loud)
7. you can put your bachelor's degree on your resume and you won't be lying.
8. i can't think of anymore, but 1 & 2 are definitely the best....i'd make a list of the worst things, but we don't need to get into that, this is supposed to be a positive and uplifting post.
so congrats grads! i will be at apu, my alma mater, tonight cheering you all on! 4+ years of this place is quite a feat and i'm so proud of all of you. i've seen how hard you have worked and how you've changed and learned and grown in your field of study. i really hope you feel like the world is your oyster, because it is.....even if you end up working in a restaurant for a while.